Welcome to the Burnside Memorial Hall, Plumtree
The Burnside Memorial Hall is the ideal south Nottinghamshire venue for meetings, children’s parties, family parties, wedding receptions, christening celebrations, clubs, classes and special events.
The Hall is run by trustees from Plumtree, Normanton-on-the Wolds and Clipston-on-the-Wolds and is funded from hiring fees, donations, grants and occasional fundraising events.
If you're ready to book the Hall, or want to know more, please contact Mike Clark, our Bookings Secretary.
The Burnside Memorial Hall has been serving the villages of Plumtree, Normanton-on-the-Wolds and Clipston-on-the-Wolds since 1921. It was donated to the ecclesiastical parish of Plumtree by Mrs Alice Mary Burnside, in memory of her husband, William Elliott Burnside (Lord of the manors of Plumtree and Tollerton) "…for the general benefit of the inhabitants".
Over the years the Hall has seen many improvements, not only to its structure and to the facilities that it offers but also to the documented Terms of Letting to be followed by its users. Day-to-day running of the Hall is carried out by its Trustees who encourage hirers to become actively involved in its operation via a Management Committee which meets twice a year. See the Documents page for more details.
Since 1975, the Hall has been registered with the Charity Commission and complies with its legislated requirements. Its registration number is 504064.